Applications are now closed.
A new cohort will be selected to begin Fall 2022. Applications will open January 2022.
What will I need to apply?
You will need to submit:
- Transcripts (minimum GPA of 2.75)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Essay questions
What are the essay questions?
Please prepare 200-400 word responses to the following questions:
- What three words would you use to describe the characteristics or practices of an effective school administrator? Explain why you selected each of the words.
- What experiences have you had working with students, families and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds, and as a school leader, how would you provide leadership in implementing cultural responsiveness in the school and community?
- As a future administrator, identify and expound on at least 2 key initiatives or strategies that you would employ to address high need students in your school in order to increase student achievement and cultivate a strong learning environment?
What is the admissions timeline for 2022?
*Please note that this is a tentative timeline and is subject to change
|Jan 1 – March 31||Open application period for online submission|
|April 1 – April 15||LEA, CCRESA, and NCCU review of applicants|
|April 26 – May 14||Face-to-face or virtual interviews|
|May 17 – 21||Review and final selection of candidates|
|July 1||Latest date for selected candidates to enroll for NCCU admissions|